Pages

Sunday 28 October 2012

Top 10 Android Web Development Apps

Android web apps
As an avid Android device user with both an Android tablet and phone, of course I am always looking for apps that would be of use to web developers. After a bit of searching I was able to find apps for just about every aspect of web development, from the web server itself to an FTP client to move the files, to a source code viewer that let's you view the source code on any web page, analytics tools to allow you to analyze your website, to custom apps for the major CMSes WordPress, Drupal and Joomla!.

Using the Android web development apps I found, I was able to create a web page from scratch, test it on a web server that is running on my Android device from anywhere on my local network, move the file over to my external web host using an FTP app so it's live on the web, SSH to my external web server to work with the file live, and the page was ready for the masses, able to be viewed by anyone with an internet connection. My inner geek was smiling!

Since I have several sites which run on the Joomla! and Drupal CMSes, I can now potentially create content and publish that content directly from my Android device using the Joomla and Drupal Android apps.

While the likelyhood that I would need to be able to create content or handle a "web emergency" while I was out on the go is not likely for me personally, I could easily see a blogger writing their latest work while actually on the scene of an event, and then using one of the tools we will discuss here, they would be able to instantly publish the blog to their website, complete with images. Yes, you could actually update your website while you're sitting on the beach enjoying the breeze, or more likely, while you are on the scene of some major event, be it a trade conference or accident scene.

Let's get started, and take a look at some Android web development apps.

AndFTP

AndFTP is an FTP client app that allows you to transfer files to your web server via not only FTP, but also via SFTP, SCP and FTPS protocols. You can set up several different FTP servers using AndFTP, and it also comes with a device file browser and a FTP file browser (which means you can see the files both on your Android device as well as the remote server). Like a typical FTP client, you are able to rename, delete, copy, set permissions and create folders.…Read more:

Mobile Apps Development Team

Many wonderful Android web applications have been developed by expert and professional Android web developer. We, at MADT, develop innovative and custom Android apps as per project requirement at affordable cost. You can contact us at with your project details.

2 comments:

  1. I am very pleased to know about the such information. I like it very much and that's very useful and helpful for me. Thanks for share Top 10 Android Web Development Apps.

    By
    Vivian Rechard
    iPhone App Development

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Helpful information on google android. I like AndFTP application as well as it's features. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete